This is a summary of how we use information about you when you use our websites, make donations, get involved in our fundraising and campaigns or when you get in touch with us.
We will use your information for a number of purposes, including the following: •To send you newsletters, text marketing or fundraising packs (unless you didn’t sign up or you tell us you no longer want to hear from us) or anything you’ve bought from our shop.
- To process your donation, payment or refunds.
- To tell your story, promote our fundraising and charitable aims.
- To contact you about any submission or content you provide, to provide encouragement for your fundraising activities or deal with your queries.
- To allow us to better understand you and our fundraiser base and to tailor and personalise our communications with you to your specific interests or preferences.
- Where you have told us you are fundraising with an educational establishment, to support and encourage your fundraising.
- To keep the information we hold about you accurate and up-to-date by checking information held by other organisations like Experian and Royal Mail.
- To create and review statistics which will help us to run our charity and comply with the laws and regulations that apply to our charity.
We will never sell your personal information or share it with other parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we can’t run our charity or fundraise without involving other people. We may share your information with:
- Other people who help us provide our events, websites, donation platforms (such as Virgin Money), payment processors (such as Stripe), marketing, PR, market research and the other events and services we provide.
- The public if you have given us the material.
- Where you have told us you are fundraising with an educational establishment, with our schools’ partners (if any).
There may also be times when we need to share your information in order to comply with the law or investigate any allegation of wrongdoing which may involve your information being shared with the police, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies. If there are issues which require advice from our lawyers, accountants and other professionals, we may share some of your personal information with them, but only when it is absolutely necessary for them to advise us.
You can stop all communications from us about our newsletters, text marketing, fundraising campaigns and events at any time by using the “unsubscribe” details we include in each communication or by getting in touch.